Monday, June 06, 2011

Materialistic much?


Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful.
Salam Readers :)


"No one even glanced at the girl who wore braces and had geeky specs?She spend four years in that school almost being invisible.She graduated without having the awesomest group of friends.About a year later she created a Facebook account, guys started writing at her wall “hey aren’t we from the same secondary school?”And everyone started pressing likes on her photos.You wanna know why?That girl with braces and geeky specs, had her braces removed, she wore contact lenses, had a beautiful haircut, and wore concealer and eyeliner.Now, everyone is giving her compliments, why are we humans like this?Why didn’t we notice the girl with geeky specs?" -Anonymous-

I've been through this experience and it was the exact same experience (except that i changed to wearing hijab). It was extremely hard for me. Those days were the days where people treat me badly just because of how i look :'( i wore geeky spec (which look almost like grandma's) and yeah, i'm a brace-face girl. I don't care less about fashion at that time coz i wear anything my parents bought me and whatever is in my closet (i always felt that buying new clothes is just a waste of money) and i still wore my 12 year old t-shirt (trust me, it fits me well) i was tall, soft-spoken, quiet, and very2 shy (like seriously!) and when people make fun of me i felt really2 ashamed of myself. No one look at me like how they do now. People call me names. I was a joke and often being the best target for bullies just because i didn't fight back. All i did was stay quiet and hold back my tears. I'll burst out as soon as i arrived home and cry myself to sleep. I always feels like not going to school but i try my best to hide my feelings from my parents. School was never a best place for me to be. My friends were with me but they couldn't do much to stop any of this. I guess because they didn't want t be the next target. I used to asked myself 'why me'? It was the hardest time i have to deal with.
Unlike now, after graduating high school, everything has changed around me. Most of my school friends could hardly recognized me because of my physical change and i was like 'did i really change that much?? all i did was wearing contact lenses and braces-free'. I miss wearing braces anyway. People treat me well and i make lota friends and well, boys do start noticing (which i dun really fancy much). People started giving me compliments. I started to overcome my shyness and try to be more open to people and socialize. But somehow, as time flies by, i do miss being an ugly duckling. Why? It taught me about the greatest part of life that i didn't realize. All this while when i was still that little ugly duckling, those who are always there with me and support me no matter what are my truest friend, i'm shy (i like being shy because Islam taught us women to be one) and i'm more or less invisible to the people's eye. Modesty is my friend and the best thing is, i know i'm loved for who i am.

No comments: